- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pizzahh ...



I love Marguerita pizza: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil on a crispy crust. Lately, I've been playing around with my pizza dough recipe. This one is from Bread Baker's Apprentice, a book held in high regard by the bread bakers that I know. The recipe does turn out a nice dough (and crust,) but it is somewhat sticky and must be started a day in advance. I don't think the results are that much better than my usual recipe (from Fine Cooking, of course) which can be made the day of cooking and is much, much more user friendly.

Really though, good results are due to the hot pizza stone (and quality toppings) and not the dough. You could use store-bought pizza dough and it would work fine.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-