- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Spare Ribs aren't my favorite


A large rack of pork spare ribs sat in the freezer. I saw them frequently as I rummaged around in there and they had become somewhat of a mental burden, knowing that they needed to be cooked soon. I'm not crazy about spare ribs. I'd much rather have back ribs if I'm going to eat pork ribs at all.

But finally this week, I made them in the oven on a rainy day. They were rubbed with spices and cooked low and slow for more than two hours until they were tender. They were sauced with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and served with Alton Brown's sweet corn pudding and green beans sauteed with carmelized shallots. Spare ribs aren't my favorite but they can be pretty good. And paired with corn pudding, they are better. Really, I only made the ribs because I thought they would accompany the pudding nicely and I needed an excuse to make the puddin'.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-