- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Spicy Szechuan Shrimp


There's not too much to say about this meal. I use a tried and true stir-fry sauce recipe from Fine Cooking and mix and match my protein and vegs to make a tasty simple dinner. This was one of those nights where I had no dinner planned except I knew I needed to use up the asparagus and was aware that there is always shrimp in the freezer. Frozen shrimp is a key ingredient in a well-stocked pantry because you don't need to think too far ahead to defrost and cook. I defrosted, de-shelled and deveined about an hour before cooking. For someone who really loves to cook, a stir-fry is much fun to be had. The chopping of the meat and vegetables and mixing of sauce ingredients makes for a good activity on a dull evening. The sauce reduces to a glazey loveliness that has a bite of hot. Peanuts make a good garnish if you have them.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-