- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Personalize your breakfast

If you can make Chex Party Mix, you can make homemade granola.


This yummy Crispy Sweet Pecan Granola is from Fine Cooking issue 75. It is the most recent of several recipes that I've tried in the past few months. Homemade granola is easy and so good. I like that I can make it however I want (lots of nuts, dried cherries or cranberries, and a little coconut is the way I like it best.) Whole Foods sells great granola in their bakery but it is so expensive and they never have exactly the combination of nuts and dried fruits that I want. Once you make it for yourself, you'll realize how exorbitantly priced and how not particularily spectacular store-bought granola is. If you buy nuts and dried fruits when you see them on sale, you can make great granola anytime. After all, it is only toasted oatmeal.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-