- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oven-Fried Grouper


What is not to like about moist fish with a crunchy topping? I've made halibut this way a few times and I really like how it comes out. You get a crispy tasty crust with very little oil and no frying. This idea is adapted from a Fine Cooking article (issue 84) about oven fried chicken. It works great for chicken but I'm loving it for fish. I first talked about it when I tried it with halibut, here, but then I gave a better explanation of the method and a "recipe", here. It is really very easy and adaptable to your liking. This night I had two nice pieces of grouper and I decided to give them "the treatment." Grouper fillets are a bit thinner than halibut so I adjusted the cooking time, but other than that my method was them same. It would work nicely with tilapia, orange roughy, or snapper fillets (cooking time adjusted for the thickness of the fish, of course) I gently toasted some minced garlic in the oil before I tossed the breadcrumbs in it and I added fresh chopped basil and lemon to the mayo. The garlic flavor came out more pronounced in the breadcrumbs than when I add it to the mayo. You can do either depending on the flavor you want. I served the grouper fillets with broccolini (dear husband's current favorite veggie) and some sauteed cherry tomatoes drizzled with basil oil. It all came together as a fish dinner with an italian flare. Try this!

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-