- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Jalapeno-Baked Fish a la Rick Bayless


This recipe is from Rick Bayless' Mexican Everyday. I've had this book for a while but haven't cooked much from it. I don't know why because Rick Bayless' recipes are always very reliable and tasty. But this day I was looking for something to do with some mahi mahi and came up with this recipe after a suggestion from one of the CooksTalk people. Well, I don't have enough good words to say about this simple delicious preparation, Jalapeno-baked Fish with Roasted tomatoes and Potatoes. It is easy to put together and it includes a side dish in the preparation. (That scores major points with me.) Plus there's some heat involved which makes my dear husband happy. Mahi mahi is a fish that can stand up nicely to a spicy prep, but you could use other fish too. There's a few extra dishes involved because you have to use a food processor to put together the salsa under which the fish and potatoes are baked. But you aren't using any pans, so I think it balances out. Baking a dish is always an easy dinner. You put it together and into the oven it goes. No trouble until the timer goes off and you can relax and think about a side dish or salad. I served spinach alongside ours and I think it made a great accompaniment. We were surprised at how good the potatoes were. I wasn't sure I'd like potatoes in a tomatoey sauce, but it works!

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-