- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Turkey Burgers with a Twist


Here is one of my favorite new recipes from this summer. I hope it is free on Fine Cooking's website because I'm lazy and don't feeling like copying it over. There's always a bit of editing to do with the text. So here's the link for some great Middle Eastern Turkey Burgers. (If you can't get the recipe, drop me a line and I'll make sure you do.) We've made these burgers three times since issue #94 came out. The meat is generously seasoned with garlic, spices and herbs. On a pita, you'll think you're eating a gyros. And since so many of us are faced with an overabundance of cucumbers these days, you can use one to make the Tsatziki sauce (yogurt cucumber sauce) that you need to top your delicious grilled burger. I highly recommend seeking out the greek yogurt (specifically Fage) for the sauce. It makes a big difference in the thick and creamy quality. Spray some olive oil on your pita and heat it briefly on the grill before cozying up your burger in the warm, chewy bread and dolloping on some cool Tsatziki. Yum. I like these burgers with a side of tomatoes, sliced, and topped with crumbled feta. Our neighbor did a nice greek flavored Orzo salad with olives, tomatoes and feta that also went nicely with these burgers.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I agree, these are terrific. A nice change from a regular turkey burger!

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-