- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread


It's got to be a good recipe to bring me out of blogging hibernation. right?. I'm so excited about this "bread" I had to tell you about it. I put "bread" in quotes because this is really more like chocolate cake. Dark, dense, moist and very chocolatey cake. It would go great with a tall glass of cold milk. I just LOVE it.

I found this recipe while surfing along looking for things to do with zucchini. This specific recipe caught my eye because it looked just like a really good chocolate zucchini bread that I get a bit too often at The Coffee Studio in Andersonville.

Some high points are that it uses 1 1/2 cup of grated zucchini, which is a lot compared to some of the recipes out there. Think about it: if you make the mini loafs, you get 1/2 c of zucchini in each. You can take secret joy in that as your children gobble the it down. Also, this recipe has chocolate chips in it, which is never a bad thing and facilitates the gobbling.

Since I knew the flavor I was trying to approximate, I made a few adaptions to the original recipe on Joy of Baking. I cut down on the cinnamon, using a scant 1/4 teaspoon and eliminated the allspice altogether. I wasn't looking for a spice bread.

So, if you try this recipe, do it my way with just a little cinnamon and without the allspice. You can make one big loaf or divide the batter into 3 mini ones. But don't wait until next summer to make this.



Two more quick things: It's really good cold out of the fridge and leave out the word zucchini when you offer it to your kids.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-