- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Smoked Salmon on Toast Points

Gosh I'm a lazy writer.  It is terrible how long it's been since I've posted a post.  But  I want to tell you about this little snack I make and I don't feel a few quips on facebook will do the trick so I'm going to put it here where I can be a little more ... verbose. 

As I made my little snack this afternoon, it occurred to me that it very much exemplified how I like to eat.  It is just simple and kinda healthy, and it feels like a treat but is really quite effortless.



Firstly, I very much like to keep smoked salmon in the house.  It has about a month on the expiration date, so you can have it on hand for a quick lunch or a cocktail snack.   With that on hand, I use just a regular hearty wheat bread and some greek yogurt and sliced scallions.  Toast the bread on the dark side, lay the thin sliced salmon over the top (just a single layer will do,) spread on some thick, plain greek yogurt and the sliced scallions.  Voile! You have a fancy lunch that is almost champagne worthy!

A few last words (see...about the verbosity,)  You can take the bread so many places here.  Baguette toasts or brioche (oh my) or even crackers for goodness' sake.  And of course you can do sour cream instead of yogurt and sliced red onion instead of scallion.  You can add capers too.  Or crumbled hard boiled egg.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-