- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, June 29, 2007

Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Galette

I found this recipe on the Fine Cooking web site. It was featured as an on-line extra to issue 53 and was never in a printed issue. Anyhoo, it is so, so delicious. It consists of sweet potatoes, (very thinly sliced,) herbs, shallots, goat cheese and parm. cheese, layered together, lasagna-style, to create, essentially, a cheesy sweet potato cake. It is one easy dish to make. And you can adjust the amounts to make just what you want. I use one sweet potato to make two individual galettes. This is a savory, elegant dish; but you can literally make it on the fly, while the coals are getting hot, (especially if you make little ones that don't take long to bake.)



The galette would nicely serve as a veg. main course, especially with a tart green salad on the side. But what I love about this dish is that it will compliment simple grilled meat very well because it has a little complexity and richness.



Here's a pic. before I took it out of the gratin dish. It comes out very easily. The thyme leaves make it nice. I loved this dish so much that the day after I made it, I went out to buy more goat cheese so I could make it again. Try it with a grilled turkey breast.

4 comments:

Amy said...

oh gosh, that looks & sounds really, really good!

Lisa said...

Yay -- another great use for goat cheese. That looks wonderful.

Loree said...

Toni, I love goat cheese and am in the mood for it RIGHT NOW! Also love sweet potatoes. Need this recipe. Please.

Toni said...

Loree, if you click on the word "recipe," you'll link to the Fine Cooking recipe page. I'd like to make this for you. Hmmm... I wonder if Betty likes goat cheese.

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-