- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BBQ'd Salmon?

I don't think you can really barbeque salmon. In my world, you can only grill salmon. BBQ'd salmon would be overcooked salmon; don't you think?; (unless maybe you did a whole fish.) But whatever, the original title of this recipe was BBQ salmon and that is what I'm sticking with for now. This is a nice, easy sauce to glaze over your almost finished grilled salmon. It is sticky, sweet and has a little bite from the mustard. I got this from somewhere on the internet, who knows where or when. But I'm glad I finally gave it a try. BTW, the recipe itself says to grill the salmon for 30 minutes. I don't recommend that so I'm just giving you the sauce here. I think some fresh ginger would be a nice addition.

1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs soy sauce
3 Tbs dijon mustard
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
lime wedges for serving (optional)

In small saucepan over medium heat, stir butter with honey and sugar until butter melts. Remove from heat. Add soy sauce, mustard, oil, and garlic; mix well and let cool. Reserve a portion of the glaze. Brush the rest on salmon fillets/steaks near the end of grilling. Brush the reserved glaze on salmon once it is removed from the grill.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-