- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Bars

Wow, two cookie posts in a row?


Shortbread crust, melted semi-sweet chocolate and a caramel-ly layer of butter, brown sugar and toasted pecans. If you like this type of thing, you'll be happy with these Chocolate Pecan Bars.


Mine were made in an 8 by 8 pan so they turned out a little thicker than they should have. I forgot that I like to make them in a 9 by 11 which makes them a little thinner but makes more cookies too. You just need to use a little more chocolate for the increased surface area.


I also skip the cinnamon in this recipe. I don't think it needs it. But I think these bars were originally made to accompany a Mexican-themed meal so a little cinnamon would be nice to add if you are serving a menu like that.



As per usual, if the link doesn't work and you want the recipe, just send me a note.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Yes, yes I would like those! Fine Cooking?

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-