- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, July 02, 2010

Status Update: Garden

Lettuces that were planted next to the tomato plants when they were small. Now the tomatoes are big and the lettuce is about ready to come out.


Soy beans, a little crowded in a barrel. I understand soybeans can grow in crowded conditions. Just the beginnings of flowers on these, hoping for edamame in the near future.


Green beans, little but with teeny tiny green beans on them already. And two healthy, very giving chard plants alongside. We've had a good many servings of chard from just these two plants and that will continue.

Tub 0'lettuces and beets.


Here's what things look like after about 6 weeks. The cucumbers seem as though they will be my one great failure this summer as the plants are not doing anything. And it's weird because last year I had so many cucumbers I couldn't keep them all in my fridge. I didn't photograph the beets or the tomatoes, but both are doing great. Some small person interrupted my photo session. The pumpkins are way in the back and will eventually overrun everything as the vines are now sneaking up the sides of the bed along the garage. They might have been a mistake. But that is the fun of gardening, the failures and the successes keep it interesting.
More food posts on the way...

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-