- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Grilled Swordfish with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

Those who know me well know that I tend to fixate. I crush hard on things, they consume me and all my thoughts and then, like fleeting summer love, they pass and I move on to obsess on something new. It has always been that way. I've been obsessed with pie making, mexican food, asian food, weight loss (you would figure, after all that pie and mexican food,) healthy eating, vegetarian eating. There's been a pomegranate phase, a mango phase. The creme brulee phase, a kabob phase, potato gratin phase, a whole gratin phase not confined to the potato. Oh, it goes on but that's between me and my therapist.



Right now, it is all about the salad and mostly, the vinaigrette. I've been trying all sorts of new ones, especially those from the book Mediterranean Fresh by Joyce Goldstein ("A compendium of one-plate salad meals and mix-and-match dressings.") Can anything sound better than that in the middle of summer? The sun-dried tomato vinaigrette I'm about to share is from this book. I love it on grilled chicken or swordfish (as I did above and served with swiss chard from our garden). I think it would be good on a steak salad too, especially if one were to add a little chipotle in there.



Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar)
3 T red wine vinegar
2 T chopped sun-dried tomatoes
salt and pepper

Whisk it all together.


Here I've made a salad of leftover grilled chicken breast, sliced with the vinaigrette spooned over it. Also currently enamored with pickled green beans, which also on the plate.




Here's what the lettuce looked like 10 minutes before it was washed, dried and ready to go into my salad.



1 comment:

Sheri said...

So funny. I have the same tendency towards phases, obsessions, fixations.

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-