- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Monday, February 26, 2007

Steamed Fish with Ham, Mushrooms, Ginger & Garlic


This is a weird one; but I've always been intrigued by this recipe and its accompanying picture since I saw it way back in Aug/Sept 2001 (from Fine Cooking issue 46.) I like steaming a delicate piece of fish and I thought the salty ham and earthy shiitake mushrooms would make it interesting. Here I used orange roughy, but the recipe suggests cod, sea bass or haddock. The fish is steamed on a plate with the sauteed ham, mushrooms and aromatics. A drizzle of sherry and toasted sesame oil is added. As the fish steams, the juices are collected on the plate and serve as a light sauce for rice. A little soy sauce is added at the end. There is a good amount of garlic here, so it was not bland like you might think steamed fish would be. It really turned out good, much to my husband's surprise.

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-