- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mom's Chops


I put down Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone in favor of some pork chops.

Nothing too new about a breaded pork chop but everyone seems to love them when they show up on their dinner plate. In our house, anything coated with crumbs or flour and fried, a la McNugget-style, is called "chicken", like chicken fish or chicken pork chops. I know this isn't our invention. Chicken fried steak has been around a long time. But my boys thought of it on their own.



My mom always made pork chops for us this way. Breaded and fried and then stuck in the oven with some green peppers. I always find they're plenty done after the frying so mine don't find their way into the oven. And I skip the peppers part - kids, you know. But they still taste like a dinner from my childhood. Sort of Shake and Bake, but Mom never bought that stuff. She was anti-processed before it was in vogue. I pound the boneless pork loin chops thin, but not so thin that they're scallopini (But you could, that would be good too, especially with chicken) Then these guys are dredged in flour, dipped in egg and tossed in fresh seasoned crumbs before they're pan-fried in minimal oil. Dear husband likes these as much as the kids.



With my love for buttermilk biscuits, fried pork chops, and pecan pie, I swear sometimes I am a reincarnated southern woman.




And yes y'all, that is corn bread on the side

No comments:

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-