- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Monday, September 15, 2008

Zucchini Fritters


Zucchini is probably the cheapest thing at the Farmers Market these days. 4 for a dollar is about the going rate. And you can usually mix and match your summer squash too: yellow zukes, crooknecks, pattypan squashes, green scalloped ones and of course, your average everyday green zucchini. I always buy some because they're adaptable and easy to use up. Here's a recipe from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. These little fritters are mostly grated zucchini with just a little egg and breadcrumbs to bind them together. They have some green onion and garlic for flavor. I mixed a sun-dried tomato pesto with some mayonnaise and a little vinegar to make what you could call, if you're feeling fancy, a sun-dried tomato aioli as a side sauce.


I will come back and type out the recipe but not today. I'm playing around with this new template and I have some work to do.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Oooh, I love that cookbook! And anything frittered has to be good.

Toni said...

I recently made her Moroccan chickpea and spinach stew from that book and it was REALLY GOOD.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Zucchini fritters are definitely one of the best ways to use the overabundance this time of the year. I LOVE them!!!

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-