- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, March 13, 2009

Ellie's Jerk Chicken


Another one from Ellie Krieger's The Food You Crave, this Jerk Chicken was slightly disappointing. I've certainly had better versions of Jerk Chicken before. It was the sauce. I can't quite pinpoint it, but I think something was off balance. Not terrible, but it just didn't come together like a really savory, mouth-watering jerk sauce should. I loved the pineapple salsa with cucumber and mint though. Pineapple/mint is a new flavor combo for me. I should have figured it would be good because mint has that same aromatic coolness about it that cilantro does and pineapple/cilantro is dreamy. So I'll probably come back to this salsa but not the jerk sauce.

3 comments:

lauralop said...

That's interesting that you had issues with the sauce in this recipe too - makes me feel a bit better, maybe I didn't screw it up after all! I do generally love Ellie's recipes so I'll forgive her for this one not being quite right.

Sheri said...

Have you noticed how much she's connected with FC these days? She's got articles and is listed as a contributing editor, a new special issue, and a blog on the FC site. I think Tauton published her book too.

Amy said...

Sorry it was disappointing. You get bonus points for making it LOOK good :)

And yeah that salsa sounds great!!

- -
- - -
Made by Lena
-